- 500g diced goat meat
- 2 rounded tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 rounded teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 level teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 level tablespoon garam masala
- 2 fat cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece finely chopped fresh root ginger (about the size of a walnut)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 395g can tomatoes
- 1 good tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 good tablespoon tomato puree
- 150ml water
- Mix all the spices together then add the garlic, ginger and salt.
- Measure the oil into a large pan, add the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add all the spice mixture, tomatoes, puree, mango chutney and cook without a lid, stirring until the oil starts to come through slightly.
- Add the meat, cover and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a casserole dish or slow cooker and cook on a medium heat for 4 hours.
Serve with tatties or rice.